So I’m usually not one with the New Years resolutions. I decided to bid adieu to the resolution phenomenon awhile back when I would always proclaim the general superficial statement, “I’m going to lose 5 pounds!” Bleh, lame and unfortunately I’m not the only one that makes this proclamation because anyone that belongs to a gym knows how annoying it is to suddenly walk in on the first of January to find attendance has tripled and you’re stuck waiting for your favorite treadmill in the corner. Not to say I do this because I haven’t been to the gym in 4 months and counting. No, this year will be different. I’m making a proclamation to do something new and different this upcoming year and I vow to stick to my resolution or I will feel like a sad lump come December 31, 2010. These are not absurd resolutions but I need a goal or something to get my behind moving. I can honestly feel my brain shriveling up and dying a little each day. I somehow misplaced an entire box of oatmeal and I’m certain this is the beginning of senility. Yes, I will be taking the Phoebe Buffet approach on this one and have put together a phenomenal New Years resolution. Drumroll . . . . .
In no particular order:
1. Finish an entire crossword puzzle
2. Learn to knit and create one functional knitting piece
3. Visit 5 different museums
4. Learn enough piano to play track #1 from Smashing Pumpkins, “Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness”
5. Perfect pie dough
6. Make at least 1 batch of beer
7. Visit 1 new state
8. Read 3 classics
9. Create 1 wearable piece screenprinted by moi
10. Reupholster a piece of furniture by myself
It’s a very creative to-do list but I’m feeling rather crafty lately. 2010, I accept your challenge . . . .